Movies About Food That Inspire Me

Movies About Food That Inspire Me

It's been a long time since I've started cooking.

I've been cooking half of my life and there was always something to inspire me, to make cook more and explore. So in this blog post, I will write about 4 movies that inspired me through all these years.

Ratatouille is a movie that I watch every year, at least once. I don't know how but it makes me think about what can I do in the kitchen. Four years ago I was watching the movie and I thought to myself “I could start a food challenge on Facebook, where I would let others suggest ingredients and I'll make anything that pops in my head”. It was fun doing that challenge but I wanted more. So a few years ago Ratatouille inspired me to start my own blog and it has been a year food blogging and I could be happier.

The next movie that has inspired me a lot was Julie & Julia. Based on two true stories, one was the story of Julie Powell who challenged herself to make a different dish from Julia Child's cookbook everyday for 365 days. Julie created a food blog and posted what she cooked everyday. The blog made her a published author… Can that get any more inspirational? The other story was the one about Julia Child. A woman who was a wife of a diplomat living in France who found herself cooking French food for Americans and now she is known as one of the greatest chefs in history.

It was 2015 when I've watched Chef, movie by Jon Favreau, director/actor turned chef who made a movie about cooking. Of course, he directed it and starred in it. He played a chef in a famous LA restaurant but do to the lack of creativity on the menu, he decided to start his own food business. You have to watch it!

The last movie on this list is Burnt. Bradley Cooper plays a two-star Michelin chef with a drug problem which causes him to lose everything. Three years later he is sober and ready to get that third Michelin star.

Watching these movies I come up with new ideas. If you're into food and want to do something with your cooking, watch these movies you never know what will inspire you to do. The last inspiration for me was a food blog, but now I wonder what's next…

Foto: Alex Bailey

Komentariši

Vaša email adresa neće biti objavljivana. Neophodna polja su označena sa *